Empowering children to become active participants in creating their own calm peaceful lives.
KIDS WHO CAN ~ courses designed to
teach boys and girls social & emotional tools for life.
We have two age groups: one for 4 - 6 year olds
& one for 7 - 10 year olds.
COURSES STARTING AGAIN IN PERSON SOON:
We are still offering our 4-week course for 7 to 10 year old boys and girls ONLINE.
The focus will be on MANAGING OUR EMOTIONS, such as fear, worry, anger and sadness.
We are offering this valuable course at a reduced rate of R600 for the 4 sessions!
Please see below for dates and times.
“My daughter did the course for 7 - 10 year olds and I highly recommend it. The skills they learn will help throughout their lives. We teach our kids to read, write, play sport, dance, do maths etc - yet so much of their success in life also depends on their emotional development and skills. These courses provide great practical input and will help with their confidence. Thank you!"
* For more information on dates, times and areas please see our calendar below:
At KIDS WHO CAN we facilitate courses for children that are designed to help them manage stress while promoting their self-esteem. In stressful times like these, our children need tools to cope - tools that are easy to learn and apply. When children don’t have coping skills, they begin to internalise their feelings. When these feelings are full of worry and fear, they can have devastating effects on our kids.
The lessons are structured and consist of sharing circles, stories, role play and creativity, ensuring the children have fun while learning.
Some of what the course covers:
Tools to help reduce stress and anxiety
How to deal with bullying
Tools to cope with anger & other uncomfortable feelings
Self-protection and body awareness
Self-esteem and self-confidence
* Due to LOCKDOWN all our "in-person" courses that were due to start in April 2020 have been postponed until further notice.
* We take a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 8 for our online groups.
* A group will only go ahead if we have the minimum participants.
The lessons are 75 minutes long and there will be 1 session a week for 8 consecutive weeks.
Cost of the full course is R1600.
* Please note: for the online option we require 50% upfront and the balance is payable on completion of the course.
* The optional Mother & Daughter workshop will be offered once the course is completed and we are able to meet in person. The cost for this is R800 for both mother & daughter.
The lessons are 2 hours long and there will be 1 session a week for 8 consecutive weeks.
Cost of the full course is R2650 and an optional Mother & Daughter workshop will be offered once the course is completed, the cost for this is R800 for both mother & daughter.
* Please note: we also offer a 3 month payment plan if required or you can pay over 2 months.