MANAGING CHANGES AND CHALLENGES
Courses and workshops designed to assist girls aged
11 - 13 with their transition from childhood to adolescence.
GIRLS WHO CAN is an 8-week course for 11-13 year old girls, designed to assist them with the physical, emotional and relationship changes they will experience during adolescence. Using creativity, discussion and role play we teach the girls helpful techniques to ease them in stressful times as well as assist them through the life changes they are all experiencing now.
* ALL OUR COURSES ARE NOW BEING OFFERED IN-PERSON AND ONLINE.
* WE ARE CURRENTLY OFFERING 50% OFF ALL OUR COURSES FOR A PARENT WHO WOULD LIKE TO GET A GROUP OF 6 TO 10 CHILDREN TOGETHER AND HOST A GROUP AT THEIR HOME OR CHOSEN VENUE.
THE VENUE NEEDS TO BE A SUITABLE SPACE THAT IS BOTH PRIVATE AND BIG ENOUGH FOR THE GROUP TO SIT IN A CIRCLE ON THE FLOOR. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS.
Some of what the GIRLS WHO CAN course covers:
Introduction, getting to know one another and dealing with fears
Healthy and unhealthy ways of releasing anger and sadness
Inclusion and exclusion/bullying
Protecting yourself and knowing the difference between safe and unsafe
Moving into adolescence: Changing moods and body image
Finding the star you are: self-esteem building
Reflection and community
MOTHER AND DAUGHTER DAY:
After the lessons with the girls, an optional workshop with mothers and daughters will follow on the weekend after the course. This will be a time of questions, of listening and seeing and of celebrating the soon to be entered world of adolescence in a creative way.
*Please note that this workshop will only be held in-person.
RATES AND DESCRIPTION:
8-week course: Managing change and building resilience
The lessons are 2 hours long and there will be 1 session a week for eight consecutive weeks.
Cost of the full course is R2800 and an optional Mother & Daughter workshop will be offered once the course is completed, the cost for this is R800 for both mother & daughter.
The lessons are 75 minutes long and there will be 1 session a week for 8 consecutive weeks.
Cost of the full course is R2000.
* for the online option we require 50% upfront and the balance is payable on completion of the course
* For the in-person groups, we offer a 2 month payment plan if required.
* We take a minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 8 for our online groups and a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 for in-person groups.
* A group will only go ahead if we have the minimum participants.
* We offer 50% off a course if a parent hosts the group at their home.
For more information: please email email@example.com
"On this course, I learned that I am unique and different and that even if I like one thing and someone else likes another, I don't have to pretend to like what they like."
- Taeya, 12
UPCOMING GROUPS: OCTOBER 2021
Tweens: age 10 to 11
Kirstenhof 8-week course: 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Starts on Tuesday, 5th October and ends on Tuesday, 23rd November
Girls, aged 12 to 14
Newlands, 8-week course: 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Starts on Wednesday, 14th October and ends on Wednesday, 1st December
ONLINE COURSES: 8-week course
Starting date to be confirmed